Saturday, September 09, 2006

IWW & I

On the IWW,
The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life. Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth. ... Instead of the conservative motto, 'A fair day's wage for a fair day's work', we must inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, 'Abolition of the wage system.' It is the historic mission of the working class to do away with capitalism. (IWW Preamble)
I love the IWW. It is perhaps the most ingenious American workers organisation of all time. It's a shame the old union has declined.


We're Americans, thus we symbolise our movement with a Dutch wooden shoe


On I,
Sorry I haven't posted on here for a while. I've got a lot of work from school and I'm going through some tough personal problems. I don't know when the next post on mass movements will be. I may do a post on critical theory soon though.



There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard
No song I could sing
But I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepiatone loving
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're togeth

1 comment:

HV said...

Sorry to hear you're down. I often think that being a leftist requires a keen sensitivity to the world: teasing out the contradictions and opportunities behind the lies and apathy that's presented to us as fact. Unfortunately, that same sensitivity also makes us more vulnerable to personal stuff. Or maybe everyone goes through it and I'm just politicizing it :-) Anyhow, hope things improve. (Thanks for the blogroll add, BTW.)